Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Summit Opinions

     So this year our school introduced the Summit Learning Program. This pilot programmed only had a group of kids, including myself, that did this new way of learning. Basically, the student becomes their own teacher as they do self-guided playlists that they take notes on in order to take a test. However, there are some inevitable problems to occur especially since this is a new program. So, I like how we can take tests on our own and learn what we want to, but it's poorly executed due to notes being required. Also, a lot of the times, I can't comprehend the amount of work we have as it overwhelms me and the rest of the class. We have personal learning time (plt) and I hate it. This is the time where we take tests on our is quite annoying since it's strictly personal ownly...in a class environment. I hate not being able to ask help for notes from my peers since I'll get in trouble for. It's fortunate, however that next year, there will be three groups of kids in summit instead of one. This, I can an imagine, will be better res more people to aid each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment